Prokaryotic algae photosynthesis, what are cyanobacteria?
Cyanobacteria may be unicellular or filamentous. Osmotrophy is the absorption of dissolved substances, and phagotrophy involves engulfing bacteria or other such prey.
Cyanobacteria are also responsible for many of the Harmful Algal Blooms HABs that cause ecological, economical and public health concerns oedipus essay prompts waterways, many times through the production of cyanotoxins. They have structures called organelles to execute a range of cellular algae photosynthesis and their DNA is housed in a central compartment called the nucleus.
The shape varies from plant to plant; they may be of discoid, plate-like, reticulate, cup-shaped, spiral, or ribbon shaped. Another Calvin cycle modification is made by succulents and other plants growing in areas of high temperatures, high light, and low moisture deserts especially.
They can also endure a range of temperatures, oxygen or carbon dioxide concentrations, acidity and turbidity. Cyanobacteria contain only one form of chlorophyllchlorophyll a, a green pigment.
Most cyanobacteria do not grow in the absence of light i. However, there exist certain algal species that need to obtain their nutrition solely from outside sources; that is, they are heterotrophic.
Some parasitic algae e. An Aphanizomenon bloom with unsafe levels of microcystins -LR and -LYanatoxin-a, and cylindrospermopsin.
- Psychology memory essay questions
- Professional college essays
- My ambitions in life essay
- Great way to end an essay
- An essay on abjection
- Teel analytical essay
- Black history thesis questions
- Quinoxaline synthesis mechanism
- The anti-aesthetic essays on postmodern culture pdf
- Characteristics of a good research paper topic
- Rare earth hypothesis wrong
- Racial profiling research essays
- How to write conclusions for term papers
- Critical essays themes in the outsiders
- Film comparison essays